Prospective and Current Resident Questions FAQs
Each property manager does things a little bit different, so to help our residents out, we will answer common questions that we receive about viewing homes, applications, the resident portal, pets and more! In this blog you will find our most common prospective and current resident questions.
I found a home I am interested in! Now what?
If you are interested in a home that we have available, the first step is to walk through it. You will either do this through a self-showing or with a leasing agent. Check out the listing on our Available Rentals page to get instructions on how to see it.
Self Showing Homes: Anytime! All you need to do is follow the instructions on the listing to view this unit at your own convenience.
Agent showings: Just give us a call at 616-301-9450 to speak with our leasing agent to schedule a showing.
What if I am interested in more than one property listed?
Not a problem! You can easily view whatever homes we have available and choose what is best for you.
What is the process for applying to live at a rental property?
- Step 1: Check out our screening criteria.
- Step 2: Decide on the home you are applying for.
- Step 3: Submit the online rental application and pay the application fee.
- Step 4: Receive results within 24 hours.
I have a pet. Does the home accept pets?
Every home is different. Most of our homes will allow pets with an additional deposit. Breed, species, or size restrictions may apply depending on the home. Each individual listing will show what pets are accepted. AGGRESSIVE PET BREEDS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Current Resident Questions
What can I do on my Resident Portal?
The Resident Portal can be used to pay rent, make maintenance requests, contact your Property Manager, or view your leasing documents. You also have the ability to set up AutoPayments, view your ledger, view previous maintenance requests, or change the contact information you have provided to Access Property Management Group.
In Resident Portal, how do I figure out my login information?
When on the Resident Portal Login page, you can click ‘Forgot My Password.’ This will take you through the necessary steps to request a new password. Please remember that you must use the email address given to Access Property Management Group when you applied. If you do not remember the correct email or you continue to have problems, please call our office.
How do I pay my rent?
Residents can make payments in two different ways.
- Payment can be completed FREE online! Simply log into your Tenant Portal, select Make Payment, and enter the necessary information. It’s quick, easy, and free!
- For an additional fee payment can be brought or mailed to the office.
How do I change the contact information that I have given to you?
Your contact information can be updated online in your Tenant Portal by clicking “Edit” in the My Contact Information section.
How do I submit a maintenance request?
Maintenance requests should be submitted in your online portal. This is the quickest way to get a maintenance request into our system and completed. For after-hour emergencies, call our phone number and report your issue to our trained maintenance specialists.
I have a maintenance issue, how do I know if it is an emergency?
All maintenance issues are different, we ask that you use your best judgment in assessing whether the situation is an emergency or not. Below is a list of some of the general issues that may constitute an emergency.
- Personal Injury: Contact 911 immediately.
- Fire: Contact 911 immediately. Then notify Access Property Management.
- Flood: If there is flooding in your home, call our office immediately.
- Heat: If the heat in your home is not working and it is freezing temperatures, please call our office.
- Water: If the water in your home is not working at all, please contact our office immediately. If the hot water in your home is not working, please contact our office only if it cannot wait until the next business day.
- Plugged Toilet: This is only considered an emergency if the plugged toilet is the only toilet in your home. Please try to use a plunger before contacting our office.
It is during normal business hours and I have a maintenance emergency, what do I do?
Immediately call our office at 616-301-9450. Our office staff will promptly contact the necessary maintenance service.
It is after normal business hours and I have a maintenance emergency, what do I do?
Immediately call our office at 616-301-9450. Follow the voice prompts to speak to a maintenance specialist who will get your issue taken care of right away.
I want a pet but my lease doesn’t allow it. Do I need to contact you?
Yes. You will need to contact our office BEFORE getting a pet. We will need to verify that the home will allow you to have a pet. Once we verify that it is acceptable, you will need to sign a pet addendum and an additional security deposit and pet rent will be required.
My lease is ending soon. What do I need to do?
Prior to your lease ending, we will contact you regarding a possible lease renewal. If you choose to move out at the end of your lease, you are required to give a 30 day notice to Access Property Management Group.
Are you a resident and have a question we didn’t answer? Feel free to give us a call anytime! 616-301-9450