You have been lied to. Lied to by the “powers that be”, by institutions, by Wall Street. We are told to believe that retirement 401k’s and IRA’s are THE financial vehicle to prosperous, golden years of retirement. It’s a LIE.
The lies started in school. We were never really taught about money. Because we were never taught about money, we take the main steam advice that is dished out to us. It is pumped to the masses through media, advertising, financial advisors, and the large funds on Wall Street.
Here is what I find to be true: When you follow that advice, you get screwed.
In this video, I discuss the past lies that led us to the current Financial Crisis. Then I will go over a few truths that will help you to navigate the 2020 Financial Crisis.
Please Note: I am not an attorney, accountant or financial advisor. These are my personal opinions and observations. Also, as the markets and information is changing so rapidly, some information in this post may already be outdated or different.
- 401k’s and IRA’s
- 1971, Nixon and the former Gold Standard
- Low (or Zero) Interest Rates
- Unfunded Liabilities
- Real Tangible Assets that hedge currency devaluation
- Be contrarian – Don’t JUST own Stocks
- Invest in your financial understanding now
- Companies Hit Hard by Coronavirus Look to Cut 401(k) Contributions (WSJ)
- Kelly Evans: Not so great news for the stock market (CNBC)
- Historical Debt Outstanding-Annual 2000-2019 (treasury direct.gov)
- Fed Cuts Rates to Near Zero and Will Relaunch Bond-Buying Program (WSJ)
- A Comprehensive Look at US Debt (George Mason University)
- Suitability Description (FINRA)
- Fiduciary Responsibility (investopedia.com)
Don’t Miss the Updates
I am going to keep making these videos for as long as people need to hear them. If you want to keep receiving them, sign up for the updates below. Or you can subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow the 2020 Financial Crisis Investor Updates Playlist.